Built on the back of Nissan’s proven chassis and frame, the all-new 2022 Frontier is one of the most durable mid-sized pickups available — winning many quality and durability awards along the way. This reputation of true durability wasn’t just given to the Frontier, it was earned over years of grueling engineering and refinement of the powertrain, steering, and suspension. Over its long tenure, the Nissan Frontier has become one of the best-known mid-size trucks in the United States. The 2022 Frontier adds more power, utility, and enhanced capabilities.
Day-to-day performance and capability that matter
The 2022 Nissan Frontier is extra special this model year because it’s all-new and improved from the inside out. Where that improvement matters the most in a pickup truck is its performance and capability. The 2022 Frontier is off-road capable yet still prioritizes efficiency on the road. It features a standard 3.8L V6 engine that boasts a best-in-class 310 horsepower and 281 lb-ft of torque. This powerful engine and 9-speed automatic transmission lead the way to powerful and exhilarating drives. Even with its powerful strength, the 2022 Frontier still gets up to 24 mpg on the highway for fuel economy. You don’t have to sacrifice fuel efficiency for a capable pickup truck. The Frontier’s classification as a midsize pickup truck makes it a manageable truck to drive around town for work and family responsibilities.
Rugged performance and toughness for work
One of the strengths of the all-new Frontier is the versatility and ease of use of the bed. For 2022 Nissan increased bed height by 1.4 inches, which subsequently increased the bed volume by 40.1 cubic feet. Along with increased space, the Frontier has its unique UtiliTrack® system, which provides insane cargo-hauling flexibility by utilizing the three special “C” cross-section bed-mounted rails. Newly standard on all 2022 Frontier models will be a dampened tailgate assist, which helps owners open and close the tailgate with one hand. A factory bed-liner will be available for extra durability and ruggedness while on the job site.
Newly released NISMO off-road parts for the ultimate weekend adventurer
For the ultimate weekend adventurer, the 2022 Nissan Frontier offers a PRO-4X model with enhanced 4×4 capability and, newly released for 2022, a PRO-X two-wheel drive model that gives you that extra off-roading experience. It even has the all-new Intelligent All-Around View with Moving Object Detection and Off-Road Mode available in this model. What’s most impressive about the PRO-4X and PRO-X is that their toughness also comes with advanced design and technology.
The Frontier may not be the first name you think of for overlanding, but Nissan is hoping to change that perception. They just unveiled some awesome new NISMO off-road parts for the Frontier (and other Nissan vehicles).
- Overland Bed Rack: a multi-purpose overlanding rack that is modular and made from powder-coated steel. Comes in two configurations: high and low and can fit any previous-generation Frontier, dating back to 2005.
- Rooftop Tent: sleeps two and is constructed from durable, weather-resistant ripstop polyester canvas, has a thick wall-to-wall mattress and three windows for ventilation. It's designed to attach simply to the NISMO off-road overland bed rack or other comparable roof or bed racks.
- Performance Exhaust: a cat-back exhaust system promising to deliver a "sporty deep sounding exhaust tone without excessive cabin noise or droning." Available for the 2005-22 Frontier.
- 4-inch Lights: waterproof aluminum lights are designed with a driving beam pattern for optimal off-road illumination. They only draw a two-amp current from the vehicle battery. The lights are now available for any Nissan vehicle. Nissan has specific mounts for the 2005-22 Frontier.
- Axis Alloy Wheels: Available in the popular 17”X 7.5” size to accommodate 265/70-17 tires, these wheels are sure to deliver the rugged and bold styling you are looking for.
Customize your 2022 Nissan Frontier today
The redesigned 2022 Nissan Frontier has a mouth-dropping 80+ options and accessories to choose from! Come by Charlie Clark Nissan to customize a Nissan Frontier for your next Texan outdoor adventures. Shop our new and used Frontier inventory online. If you are ready to test drive the all-new Frontier, come visit our showroom in Brownsville or Rio Grande Valley, or give us a call at (956) 303-1778. We can’t wait to show you everything that the 2022 Nissan Frontier has to offer!